CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, November 22, 2008

major foodie friend

I'm reposting this from a friends blog. I don't think I've tried very many of these things. We'll see.
Here’s what I want you to do:

1) Copy this list into your blog or journal, including these instructions.
2) Bold all the items you’ve eaten.
3) Italic any items you'd never consume.
4) add up your total at the end and post it in a comment on my blog!
5) go over to Andrew Wheelers blog and look at the thousands of replies and add your own if you'd like!

The VGT Omnivore’s Hundred:

1. Venison
2. Nettle tea
3. Huevos rancheros
4. Steak tartare
5. Crocodile
6. Black pudding
7. Cheese fondue
8. Carp
9. Borscht
10. Baba ghanoush
11. Calamari
12. Pho
13. PB&J sandwich
14. Aloo gobi
15. Hot dog from a street cart
16. Epoisses (I had to look; a pungent cheese from France)
17. Black truffle
18. Fruit wine made from something other than grapes
19. Steamed pork buns
20. Pistachio ice cream
21. Heirloom tomatoes (if I could grow any one thing - this would be it, and yes - they are that much better...)
22. Fresh wild berries
23. Foie gras
24. Rice and beans
25. Brawn, or head cheese
26. Raw Scotch Bonnet pepper
27. Dulce de leche
28. Oysters
29. Baklava
30. Bagna cauda
31. Wasabi peas (I've had wasabi - but i don't think this is what they are after)
32. Clam chowder in a sourdough bowl (my kids live for this)
33. Salted lassi (I drank a lassi once at an Indian restaurant before my brother left on his mission - it was foul.)
34. Sauerkraut
35. Root beer float
36. Cognac with a fat cigar
37. Clotted cream tea (If you look this up on wikipedia, it's actually the clotted cream, jam and scones that makes up this "tea" dish - I drink herbal tea but not the Earl Grey the Brits would normally serve)
38. Vodka jelly/Jell-O
39. Gumbo
40. Oxtail
41. Curried goat
42. Whole insects (not intentionally)
43. Phaal
44. Goat’s milk (Here's a reference for some of you who have known me long enough - I used to drink this straight out of the goat at Paul Hatch's house when I was a kid.)
45. Malt whisky from a bottle worth £60/$120 or more
46. Fugu (I'm not ready to die from a piece of fish)
47. Chicken tikka masala
48. Eel
49. Krispy Kreme original glazed doughnut
50. Sea urchin
51. Prickly pear
52. Umeboshi (I think I might have had this - I think the husband might have ordered some of this in one time - but I don't remember for sure.)
53. Abalone
54. Paneer
55. McDonald’s Big Mac Meal
56. Spaetzle
57. Dirty gin martini
58. Beer above 8% ABV
59. Poutine
60. Carob chips (my mom went through this cooking naturally stage at one point)
61. S’mores
62. Sweetbreads
63. Kaolin (I couldn't even look up what this is...shar)(I don't think you actually eat this. From what I read it is mined in Georgia and is used in paper making and other things. It is basically clay-valerie)
64. Currywurst
65. Durian (maybe? it's that spiny fruit)
66. Frogs’ legs (Craig has on his mission claims they are great. I am not an adventurous eater)
67. Beignets, churros, elephant ears or funnel cake (all of the above, love beignets the most)
68. Haggis
69. Fried plantain
70. Chitterlings, or andouillette
71. Gazpacho
72. Caviar and blini
73. Louche absinthe
74. Gjetost, or brunost
75. Roadkill (if accidental kill counts, the husband can answer yes here)
76. Baijiu
77. Hostess Fruit Pie
78. Snail
79. Lapsang souchong
80. Bellini
81. Tom yum
82. Eggs Benedict
83. Pocky
84. Tasting menu at a three-Michelin-star restaurant (Herbfarm was a 5-star, but not a Michelin 3 star... So close! Actually a few of my positives are from that dinner.)
85. Kobe beef
86. Hare
87. Goulash (one of the best things I ate during my European summer in Budapest)
88. Flowers (again, the mom and her cooking naturally phase - dandelions to be exact)
89. Horse
90. Criollo chocolate (no - but I think this is on my short list of things to try soon)
91. Spam (I think husband may have forced it or it's a childhood thing, but I know I have unfortunately)
92. Soft shell crab
93. Rose harissa (it's possible but I'm not positive)
94. Catfish
95. Mole poblano
96. Bagel and lox
97. Lobster Thermidor(no but it sounds delicious-valerie)
98. Polenta
99. Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee
100. Snake

only 40, but there is no sorrow from me. Like I said I am not an adventurous eater. Especially when I'm pregnant.

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Head cheese...odd. Good thing you haven't eaten that.
I think Kayla is going to come with your Mom to AZ later this month. Is that okay with you? She pretty much invited herself. She just wants to get out of this cold...brr.

dustyperle said...

Call me whenever you are going to try criollo chocolate. I have never heard of it but it sounds super yummy! I want to let you and your sister know about a boutique blog I am doing if you would like to sell some of your homemade stuff. You just post your stuff and then advertise the blog. The address is wwww.theredpolkadot.blogspot.com
let me know if you want to post and i'll send you an invite. Love ya hope your baby comes soon!!!

Jon and Tamara said...

Yeah, I'll definitely pass on the whole insects...
I'm excited for your baby on the way. Have a very Merry Christmas and I would love to see more pictures. We miss you guys.