CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

hard times

On Monday Jeb had to have surgery to have an undesended testicle brought down. NOT FUN. We have known about the problem since he was born. When he was 3 we went to a pediatric uroligist and they ordered an ultrasound to try and find the testicle and instead found only a hernia, which they went in and repaired at the time. Well, it still hadn't dropped so we took Jeb to another Uroligist about a month ago. They did another ultrasound and found the T at that time and determined it needed to be brought down surgically, which we did on Monday. What they found when they got in there was that he previous surgery he had actually trapped his T so it never would have been able to drop on its own. They had to cut it out of the scar tissue, redo the hernia and bring the T down. he had to have 2 insicions and is walking like a bull legged cowboy. He's having a hard time not going to school and he is dying of boredom not being able to run and play. I would say this is really torturing us all, but we are so grateful that everything went well and for modern medicine to take care of these things. The Lord has his hand in all things and we are so grateful for that. Other than that we are all doing well.
My parents were here visiting last week and we had a great time. We had a fun halloween party and got all dressed up which was a real riot. Unfortunatly all the pics are on my dad's camera so when I get them I will post. Next week we are looking forward to a visit from Craig's parents and Halloween which I have determined to be my second favorite holiday next to Christmas. I mean come on when else as an adult can we get dressed up and be someone else for a while.

3 comments:

'T' said...

Poor Jeb, and poor mom and dad (surgery is hard on them too!) I'm glad all went well and hope he has a speedy recovery. I love you. T

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear everything went well. I hate to watch my kids struggle with health related issues. Good thing they are tougher than us!

Jon and Tamara said...

Poor Jeb, we hope you feel better soon. Glad it went well.